Reporting Complaints or Concerns regarding Residential Care Facilities for the Elderly (RCFEs)

The Department of Social Services’ Community Care Licensing Division (CCL) has launched a Centralized Complaint Unit. To file a complaint regarding an RCFE, community care or child care facility, call 1-844-LET-US-NO [1-844-5388766]. Pursuant to SB 895, a CANHR-sponsored bill that was part of the RCFE Reform Act of 2014, CCL has created a poster that RCFEs are required to display in their main entryway.

Governor Seeks Hundreds of New Positions for Department of Public Health

Governor Jerry Brown’s proposed budget for FY 2015-16 would add more than $30 million and about 260 positions for the Licensing & Certification Division of the California Department of Public Health and its subcontract with Los Angeles County.  The explanation for the increase is shocking.