Sava Senior Care has been sued in Santa Clara County Superior Court for dumping residents to motels or other highly unsafe and inappropriate places.
On January 12, 2018, the California Department of Public Health (DPH) launched a new website – Cal Health Find – that provides highly deceptive information on the performance records of California nursing homes.
Highlights of Human Rights Watch Report “They Want Docile.” Read CANHR’s one-page summary of Human Rights Watch’s blistering report on the continued misuse of antipsychotic drugs on nursing home residents.
Human Rights Watch Report Generates News Stories across the Nation. The new Human Rights Watch report on the misuse of antipsychotic drugs on nursing home residents led to a number of insightful news stories highlighting the chemical restraint crisis in long term care.
In this Issue
- Did You Know? Nursing Home Residents Can Go Home for the Holidays
- FTC Alerts Consumers: If Scammers Had You Pay Them Via Western Union, You Can File a Claim to Get Your Money Back
- CMS Delays Enforcement of New Federal Nursing Home Requirements
- Scandal-Ridden Brius to Pay up to $6.9 Million for Illegal Kickback Scheme
- NPR Story on Horrific Nursing Home Eviction
- Unintended Consequences — How Government Policies Led to the “Little Red Pill”
- An 87-Year-Old Nun Says She was Raped in Her Nursing Home.
Report Finds Widespread Human Rights Violations in Nursing Homes. In its first-ever nursing home report, Human Rights Watch slams the “massive” nonconsensual drugging of residents, enabled by a government enforcement system that coddles violators.