The number of calls and emails to CANHR regarding nursing home discharges has exploded in the last few years. Nursing homes are more and more cutthroat about sending residents packing when their limited Medicare rehab benefit is exhausted.
In this Issue
- Class Action Lawsuit Filed Against Sava Nursing Home Chain for Dumping Residents
- NY Times Spotlights Bad Nursing Home Discharges
- California’s New Nursing Home Search Website Dangerously Misleading
- Human Rights Watch Report Finds Widespread Human Rights Violations in Nursing Homes
- Governor’s Budget Proposal to Increase Funding for LA County Department of Public Health Moving Forward
- Department of Public Health Issues Guidance Letters to Nursing Homes
- Tribute to Chuck Finney, KALW’s host for “Your Legal Rights”
- New Medicare Cards
Class Action Lawsuit Filed Against Sava Nursing Home Chain for Dumping Residents
Sava Senior Care has been sued in Santa Clara County Superior Court for dumping residents to motels or other highly unsafe and inappropriate places.
Kyakameena Care Center, a Berkeley nursing home, lost its heat in December and went at least 45 days without heat through the dead of winter.