Avalon Villa allegedly dumped Ronald Anderson, a 51-year-old resident with diabetes, at a homeless shelter without his medicine, with no care arrangements and despite his strong objections.Read the Los Angeles Times article on the dumping settlement
On December 18 and December 29, 2017, a helpless female resident of Riverside Heights Healthcare Center was sexually assaulted by male residents with well-known histories of sexual abuse at the facility.
In this Issue
- Mercury News Exposes Plight of Santa Rosa Assisted Living Facility Residents During Wildfire
- The Assisted Living Waiver Renewal
- Judge Orders Los Angeles County to Halt Unlawful Practice of Terminating Patients from Medi-Cal
- CANHR’s Factsheet of the Month
- Nursing Home Violation of the Month
Mercury News Exposes Plight of Santa Rosa Assisted Living Facility Residents During Wildfire
An extraordinary May 20 report by the Mercury News examines the October 2017 Wine Country fires from the perspective of body-camera videos captured by Santa Rosa police officers as they sought to warn and rescue elders threatened by the raging fires.
Griffith Park Healthcare Center, a one-star nursing home in Glendale was issued a citation after its administrator dropped off a mentally ill resident at a train station with the idea the resident would be able to somehow purchase a ticket and successfully make a 145 mile trip to a family member’s home.