In this Issue
- Antipsychotic Use in California Nursing Homes on the Rise
- State Auditor Designates the Department of Public Health as a High-Risk Agency Due to Poor Oversight of Nursing Homes
- NY Times Examines Assisted Living Understaffing
- Long Term Care Braces for COVID-19
- Executive Director Pat McGinnis Testifies at California Senate Hearing
Antipsychotic Use in California Nursing Homes on the Rise
Despite a few years of hullabaloo about the overuse of antipsychotic drugs and other chemical restraints in nursing homes, use of antipsychotics is unfortunately on the rise in California.