In this Issue
- New Online Tool to Get Started Applying For SSI
- Medi-Cal’s Older Adult Expansion
- National Academy of Science Calls for Bold Reform of Nursing Home Care
- CMS Terminates Laguna Honda’s Medicare and Medi-Cal Certification
- State Auditor Blasts California Department of Public Health for Enabling Large-Scale Hospice Fraud, Abuse and Neglect
New Online Tool to Get Started Applying For SSI
The Social Security Administration has released a new online tool for individuals who want to apply for Supplemental Security Income (SSI).
A recent story from LAist is reporting how the California Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation (CDCR) has consolidated nearly every one of its medical parole patients into Golden Legacy, a Sylmar nursing home with a very troubled history of bad care.