Updated Monday, December 12th, 2022
- Continuing Care Retirement Communities: Risks to Seniors. U.S. Senate Special Committee on Aging, July 21, 2010. Excellent checklist for advocates and state regulators to use in evaluating and strengthening existing CCRC laws. http://www.aging.senate.gov/events/hr224cr.pdf
- Continuing Care Retirement Communities, Actuarial Standard of Practice No.3, Actuarial Standards Board, September 2007, Doc. No. 124. The actuarial standard of practice (ASOP) provides guidance to the actuary when performing professional services related to a CCRC. 31 pages
- Older Americans: Continuing Care Retirement Communities Can Provide Benefits, but Not Without Some Risk. General Accountability Office (GAO-10-611), June 21, 2010. Highlights Page (PDF) Full Report (PDF, 43 pages)
- Continuing Care Retirement Communities – Suggested Best Practices for CCRC Disclosure and Transparency. American Association of Homes and Services for the Aging (AAHSA) (2010): Click here to download.
- Today’s Continuing Care Retirement Communities (CCRC): The Strengths of This Popular Living Model, Its Stress Points and Challenges … and Its Outlook for Tomorrow. American Association of Homes and Services for the Aging (AAHSA) (2010): Click here to download.
- Consumer Guide to Understanding Financial Performance and Reporting in Continuing Care Retirement Communities, Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities – Continuing Care Accreditation Commission (CARF-CCAC, 2007 – 20 pages): Click here to download.