Updated Monday, December 12th, 2022
- Florida CCRC Files for Chapter 11 Bankruptcy, Owes $62 Million: (Senior Housing News, July 2013) Senior Housing News
- Laise, Eleanor. (2013, January) “The Risks and Rewards of Moving to a CCRC.” Kiplinger Report, January 2013. Risks and Rewards of Moving to a CCRC
- Emshwiller, J. R. (2010, June 3). “Retirement-Community Operator Battles IRS Over Entrance Fees.” The Wall Street Journal.
- Hilzenrath, D. S. (2010, April 4). “Charities boosted profits of Erickson retirement communities.” The Washington Post.
- Ellen Graham, “To Move or Not to Move,” Wall Street Journal, June 20-21, 2009.
- Amanda Gengler, “Live Like Us,” CNN Money, March 2009.
- Hilzenrath, D. (2009). “You’re Only as Secure as the Retirement Home.” The Washington Post.
- “Erickson Retirement In Chapter 11 – CCRC Industry Pioneer Succumbs to Bankrupty” (Vol. 21, Issue 11, Nov. 2009), The Senior Care Investor.
- The Covenant at South Hills, Inc. vs. Mt. Lebanon School District, Municipality of Mt. Lebanon and the County of Allegheny. (2008).
- Living in a community that ages as you do KIVI-TV Ask the CCRC what happens if there is no available assisted-living or nursing-home bed when you need one. Will it find a bed with an outside provider? … See all stories on this topic
- Traweek, Virginia, Continuing Care Retirement Communities: An Insider Tells All (2013). This book is written by a senior housing consultant and provides an overview of CCRCs complete with tips on reading contracts and disclosure statements and some warning signs for consumers. The book is available in print ($15.99 plus shipping) and Kindle ($9.99 and free to Amazon Prime members).
Print: Continuing Care Retirement Communities: An Insider Tells All
Kindle: Continuing Care Retirement Communities: An Insider Tells All
- Gordan, Paul. Seniors’ Housing and Care Facilities: Development, Business and Operations(Urban Land Institute, 3rd Edition, 1998): Major reference for developers, providers and lenders covering congregate and assisted living, nursing homes, and senior housing.