Updated Monday, October 23rd, 2023
The CANHR Lawyer Referral Service (LRS) is the only statewide referral service that deals primarily with elder law issues.
Founded in 1985, the LRS is certified by the California state bar, and uses rigorous screening requirements to select only highly qualified and experienced elder law attorneys.
Attorneys for Elder Abuse/Neglect
Attorneys for Estate Planning
INSIDE THIS SECTION:
- Online Referral Form – Submit a Referral Request
- Types of Elder Law Attorneys and Referral Panels
- Lawyer Referral Service frequently asked questions (FAQ)
- Printable Lawyer Referral Service (LRS) Brochure (PDF)
- Links to Legal Service Providers by County (PDF)
OUR MISSION STATEMENT
The LRS was established for the following purposes:
- To provide access to legal representation for long term care residents and their family members and, consistent with the intent of the Elder Abuse and Dependent Adult Civil Protection Act, to enable interested persons to engage attorneys to take up the cause of abused elderly persons and dependent adults. (Welfare & Institutions Code § 15600(j)).
- To encourage litigation panel members to promote structured settlements designed to improve the quality of care for all residents.
- To further the rights of the individual clients referred.
- To protect elders and dependent adults by providing remedies and restitution to victims of financial Elder Abuse.