Categories assigned to this post:

⭒ CANHR Advocate Did You Know Articles

New Toll-Free Hotline for RCFE Complaints

On January 20, 2015, the Department of Social Services’ Community Care Licensing Division (CCL) launched a statewide toll-free public complaint hotline. To file a complaint about an RCFE, community care or child care facility, call 1-844-LET-US-NO [1-844- 538-8766]. The complaint hotline will be managed and staffed by the newly created Centralized Complaint and Information Bureau (CCIB) who are available to take calls between 8am-5pm. Consumers should also send a written statement of their concerns to the CCIB by email, fax or mail:

California Department of Social Services
Community Care Licensing Division Centralized Complaint and Information Bureau 744 P Street Sacramento, CA 95814
Fax: (916) 651-6668

The CCIB is responsible for complaint intake only. Investigation and enforcement activities will continue to be handled locally. Complaints received by the CCIB will be sent to regional offices for investigation and follow-up. Questions and concerns regarding a complaint should be directed to the local Adult and Senior Care Regional Office –

While CANHR recognizes that the current decentralized approach may be inefficient and ineffective, the same could be true of a centralized hotline, especially if it is understaffed or the staff lacks the qualifications, training and experience to process complaints for all of the facility types licensed by CCL.

For more information about the complaint hotline, see PG408.htm.

For more information on filing complaints about RCFEs, see rcfe_complaints_fs.htm.