Updated Thursday, December 8th, 2022
Residential Care Facilities for the Elderly
(RCFE) /Assisted Living
Residential Care Facilities for the Elderly (RCFEs)—sometimes called “Assisted Living” or “Board and Care” facilities—are non-medical facilities that provide a level of care that includes assistance with activities of daily living.
Searching for Assisted Living Facilities? Visit the Community Care Licensing Facility Search Website
- What is Residential Care for the Elderly?
- How do I Know If I Need Residential Care?
- What Are the Alternatives?
- Dementia Care/Health Conditions
- Residential Care in California – Unsafe, Unregulated & Unaccountable (2013) (pdf)
- How to Evaluate RCFEs
- How to Pay
- How to File a Complaint and Get Help
- Key Legal Resources