The Advocate is CANHR’s consumer newsletter with articles covering issues of interest to long term care consumers, a report including every citation given to nursing homes in your area for the quarter, legislative updates, and tips on advocating for quality care.
How to Subscribe: To start receiving The Advocate, simply join CANHR by making a donation. You can join online or via regular mail.
From the latest issue of The Advocate (Summer 2019):
- Feature article: CANHR Celebrates 35 Years of Advocacy
- “Did You Know?”: Receiving an inheritance When On Medi-Cal
- “Dear Advocate”: We are looking for a nursing home that will accommodate my mother’s vegan diet. Are nursing homes required to provide vegan meal options?
The “Did You Know?” and “Dear Advocate” columns from The Advocate are a great source of information for long term care consumers. Take a look at the archives:
- Feature articles archives
- “Did You Know?” articles archives
- “Dear Advocate” articles archives
- The Advocate PDF Archives
The Legal Network News is the quarterly newsletter of CANHR’s Legal Information Network, updating professionals on changes in the Medi-Cal laws and regulations, estate planning strategies, and other legal developments affecting estate planning for long term care, nursing home litigation, and residents’ rights.
How to Subscribe: To subscribe to CANHR’s Legal Information Network,
From the latest issue of CANHR’s Legal Network News (Summer 2019):
- Feature article: What’s Wrong with DPH, Licensing and Certification?
Why Do They Fail to Protect Nursing Home Residents?
Legal Network News archives: